Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Oh gosh, it's been an embarrassingly long time! Anatomy has absolutely taken over my life, resulting in days where I don't see the sun, talk more to cadavers than live people, watch dissection videos before bed, and am in constant fear that something in my body is breaking and presenting as a little patch of pain on my arm. IN OTHER WORDS, I have gone a little crazy but less than 2 weeks until I am finished! Granted, we start biochemistry the day after (which we finish in 9 days as opposed to the 18 weeks I did in undergraduate) but apparently it will get better then!

Still, I wish I was able to post more often! One of the things keeping me sane these last few weeks has been cooking epic meals at night for dinner and lunch the next day. So yes, I am still cooking and YES I AM STILL VEG! I'm going on a couple months now, feel great, and am def proud of myself for actually making a change when I said I would! They say behaviors turn into habits after about 28 days (I believe this is or at least was a standard stay in a rehabilitation facility) so if that's legit I think I'll be sticking to this no meat thing for a while! Pittsburgh isn't known for their variety of winter vegetables though, so we will have to see. All I know is carrying home a pound of potatoes, a cabbage the size of a beach ball, another squash, and 10 beets was not the best decision I made today. That definitely sucked.

In other news, I was elected Class Secretary today which is hella exciting! WOO WOO! I have never had any positions on any boards, ever, so am a little nervous but SO grateful that my class elected me! One of the main responsibilities of secretary at our school is to send out a birthday email each week and during the election I may have said that if elected I would bake 150 cupcakes for a huge celebration so umm that's happening and I CANNOT wait. Baking 150 cupcakes is easy, getting them to scaiffe in the morning? A little tricky. I need to figure out how I find everyone's birthday and fast, but in the meantime let's celebrate another VERY belated birthday: Julia Childs!! HAPPY BELATED 100th BDAY JULIA! :)

(Hahahah ok so I thought it was like last week that I celebrated it, but apparently it was over a month ago. I PROMISE I won't be that awful celebrating my the birthdays of my class!)

I may have been 2 weeks in, but I still showed her some love! Any excuse I can get to watch my fav Julie and Julia I take, so I watched that while making the cutest eggplant pizzas from one of her cookbooks! I have made them again since, and they are so easy and tasty I'll be making them again!


Eggplant
Breadcrumbs
Egg
Tomato Sauce
Any kind of cheese (I've used pepperjack and mozarella at different times)
However you'd like to top it! Ive added kale which was delicious, or just chopped basil from my window. 
Slice the eggplant into about half an inch slices. Dip in the whisked egg then into the bread crumbs. Lay on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes or until you can tell the eggplant is cooked. Take it out, spread on the sauce, cheese, whatevs, and stick back in until the cheese melts. ENJOY! :)


My dad and I were on the same page, and that week he dropped off the most amazing Ratatouille (inspired by Julia of course) that I ate for a good couple of days in the library. He tells me he will teach me his tricks the next time I am home (maybe this weekend?!) so I will share the recipe when I get it, but until then let's just say it was amazing.



Plus, anything that reminds me of that cute little mouse is cool by me. God, I love that guy.

More posts to come, I promise!!



No comments:

Post a Comment